Monday, November 20, 2006

No Parking. Not even if you're really, really special.

I have a pet peeve, which I'll highlight here in the absence of real news. It's people who park with total disregard to the lines on the ground, proximity to other cars, and in No Parking Zones. How is it possible that in such a fantastic country, full of considerate people and generally adequate parking lots, that few folks seem capable of parking in a considerate manner? Where does this "I am too important to walk" mentality come from? Are we a nation that collectively perceives ourselves as royalty?

The current target of my wrath is the person in the BMW yesterday at the Al Sarooj Al Fair, who in parking directly outside the entrance, and behind my car, made it impossible for me to leave my parking space for a full ten minutes. I hope whatever you were shopping for was sufficiently urgent to make the saving of a thirty second walk from the ample available parking worthwhile.

Thus, I issue a warning to everybody with a penchant for thoughtless parking in Muscat: From now on, I will back my enormous and very rusty, already thoroughly dented truck directly into your priceless, wasta plated, Illegally parked, and very expensive car. I will laugh the whole way home.

Thank You.

In news of the good, what a fabulous fireworks display last night! Thank you HM and Muscat Municipality, and happy belated national day to everybody.

1 comment:

PizzaQueen said...

Is a big problem everywhere not only in Oman :p
plus here the heat plays a big role
Take it easy, not worth