Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Eight is Great!

My gorgeous daughter is in the midst of her eighth month of life. I thought maybe I should reflect a little bit on what makes her so perfect, unique, and all the ways she has changed my life. I'll be back tomorrow with my snarly, pessimistic bitching. Don't worry.

My Angel,
  • You are the happiest baby ever. Even when you are crying, you try to smile. Everyone comments on your positivity and naturally easygoing nature. I wish I could take credit for it but you were born that way.
  • You got your first two teeth this last week and hardly complained at all! It cracks me up to see you using (read chewing on and hitting the cat with) your baby toothbrush alongside me in the bathroom every morning.
  • You wake up every morning at the crack of seven, a time of day I hadn't known about until I met you. You are like the worlds most persistent alarm clock. Your father's employer is thrilled, because for the last seven months he's been able to get to work on time.
  • You are crawling everywhere, and are magnetically attracted to hazards. I am thinking of renting you out to the airport because you would be able to percive sharp objects in carry on luggage way better than any existing technology.
  • You are a Genius. You can say daddy, kitty, bath time, yum yum, and wait for it.... rubber ducky. You also wave Bye Bye, Hello, and shake your head when you don't want something. I am trying not to take it personally that as yet you have failed to say mama.
  • You look exactly like me. Except paler, and with slate blue eyes. When you were born, and I looked into your eyes, and they were blue, I was astonished.
  • You love your stupid wadi cat, and chew on his ears or his tail every chance you get. He follows you around and goes out of his way to be near you, who kick, scratch and bite him. Most of the time he puts up with it. I don't understand that because every single time I try to touch him all I get is teeth and claws.
  • You are beautiful to look at. You are like the baby channel.
  • You slept through the night at six weeks. You still sleep almost perfectly, all the other mommies hate me for that.
  • You have a weird sense of humour. When the cat eats house plants you scream with laughter. When I make sheep noises in the farm animals book you laugh so hard that tears come to your eyes. I wish you could tell me what's so funny about that.

I could go on for hours, but won't. Your nap time is almost over and I want to be there when you wake up, watching over you. You and your father have changed my life so much for the better I still think I must be dreaming. I love you angel.

No comments: