Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tuesday Misc.

I'm over at the fantastic Oman Community Blog today, talking about cars again. If you haven't been yet you should head over to see what we're talking about this week.

Since the overheard in Muscat post got some good feedback over the weekend, how about if we make it a regular feature? Email me the best snippets of conversation you've overheard in muscat. otheroman (at) gmail (dot) com Credit will be given to all contributors.

Muscati, If you are reading this, Sultan Center has Reeses Penut butter Ice cream at the moment. It's wicked good.

I've been getting some 'love' on the comments section of my blog this week as well, which has kept me busy.

I'm working on a post with the last of my thoughts about the Cyclone experience. If you like generalisations and cultural stereotyping then you won't want to miss this one.

Lastly, I can't get that Kayne West 'Celebration Bitches' song out of my head. So I'm cruising around the house singing it to my cat, housemaid, and daughter. Ex: Do you know what this is? It's bath time bitcheeezzz!!!!!!!! I need to stop doing that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Suburban,

Don't take it too seriously. If everybody agreed with everything you say, they wouldn't be very interesting opinions in the first place.

Just keep calling it as you see it.

If only there was an Omani or Gulf version of Saturday Night Live... Can you imagine how great it would be to have an Omani version of Eddy Murphy? Or Richard Prior!?!

JP

Per Your Request said...

Bring it on, I love jokes based on stereotyping and generalization. If you ask me, this whole Political Correctness thing is getting way out of hand. Say what you have to say, I promise we won’t boycott your website.

Suburban said...

THanks guys, it's appreciated.