Thursday, July 26, 2007

You Know what this is...

It's a Woolen Sweater bitcheeezzz!!!

Hello From New Zealand. A Beautiful, but frozen country located south east of Australia. Famed for it's sheep, America's cup crews, a small fuzzy fruit, and adorable accents, New Zealand does what it says on the label. It's green, It has sheep, there are mountains, and everyone drives on the other side of the road.

So far the natives appear to be a hardy, but reselient people who have embraced the new milennuim's pace of life and modern amenities, with the exception of Central Heating. Even the night clubs have a fireplace. Like a real fireplace that burns actual wood! For Heating! What the hell? I have never been so cold in my entire life.

Thanks to you guys who have commented in the past week, especially Anas. I'll respond when I get somewhere that my fingers don't go numb.

I have also found a new reason to defend my marrage to Mr. Suburban. The next time someone asks, instead of waxing poetic about love, romance, shared values and goals, I will say this: Business. Class. Flights. Even the baby had her own Business class ticket.

More news from here, we are currently playing the "find an expat Omani"game. We will report on the results and stats when we get back.

Hope you guys are great. I can see my own breath (inside the house!) so I'm off to bed for some jet-lagged sleep!

9 comments:

muscati said...

I can't imagine flying all the way to New Zealand in coach.

Off topic: A friend told me once that her father used to make all the kids fly coach while the parents flew business or even first. I don't get that mentality. I've seen this a lot in my travels. Do they think that the kids wouldn't mind it or is it that they think that the kids shouldn't experience luxury until they can afford to pay for it themselves? They way I see it, I'd want my kids to get the best of what I can afford them.

hedoorientia said...

Hope you thaw soon, Suburban - I got a few Oman questions for you, if you dont mind. Do you have an email I can use?

Twister said...

Business class to New Zealand?!? that's some serious cash to burn...

Meticulousness said...

Why not sharing us some of the beauty you're witnessing in New Zealand?

Anonymous said...

Nice one Sub'

Business Class is the way to go... Lucky You!

JP

Twister said...

if only they had student fares on business class...ahhhhh....

Sue said...

OUchiieee so ur studyin in NZ huh!! for how long have u been here?? heeh im studyin in NZ as well! The weather is nice nowadays luvin it actually!! =)

Sue said...

OUchiieee so ur studyin in NZ huh!! for how long have u been here?? heeh im studyin in NZ as well! The weather is nice nowadays luvin it actually!! =)

Anonymous said...

Wow Sue - I swear I can 'hear' a kiwi accent developing in your comment to Suburban! CUTE

Choice Cuzzy-Bro

JP