Saturday, September 1, 2007

Thee Season for sharing and giving is almost upon us.

Not Ramadan you dumbass... The post-holiday sharing of germs and giving of diseases season! I wonder if August and September should be national Cover your mouth when you sneeze month.

I have a cold at the moment, and am doing my level best to make everyone around me as miserable as I am. Seriously, I can hardly belive some of the things I have heard coming from my own mouth. If we make it to the weekend without a divorce or physical assault occuring it will be a credit to my husband's patience, kindness, and determination not to find himself single in a country where available women are outnumbered by single men about 10,000 to one.

So, In no particular order, here are a few links I came across that have cheered me up today.

  1. Personae Urbana, a graffitti art alphabet book by the brilliant blogger Dutch @ Sweet Juniper
  2. Saudi Stepford Wife. She's like me, except she's smarter, more articulate, funnier, better educated, and will likely go to heaven when she dies.
  3. the amazingly funny overheard in New York website. If you like Overheard in Muscat, You'll love this.
  4. Go, Now over to the OCB and see what I've been thinking about the last few days. Really, I have a new post up over there. Go, and comment if you have the time.

More from here soon!

3 comments:

Balqis said...

August is my unlucky month here
Flu, bp, stomach, kidney
I don't know what else
If I can start Ramdhan in decent shape is a miracle

Anonymous said...

Suburban,

It'll be your recent air travel... being stuck in an aluminium tube with 400 other people [all of whom have been in various airports mixing with god knows how many drooling non-hand washing infected bodies] for hours, recirculating air, ... yum yum

Dubai airport always makes me think of some kind of wonderful eclectic intergalatic Space Port, the variety of humans seemingly endless...

It's actually a remarkable tribute to human resiliance and our immune system that air-travel isn't more commonly fatal!

My advice? Up your daily dosage of a wonderful and traditional medicine for such illnesses, ethanol [also known as ethyl alcohol], preferably sourced from aged in oak casks in Scotland or France. Give plenty to Suburban spouse too.

JP

Saudi Stepford Wife-Daisy said...

cool, i needed an ego boost:)