Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Overheard in muscat, baby edition

So, my baby girl is talking now. All the time.

She is also showing a lot of interest in all matters girly. Skirts please, shoes must be fabulous, lots of jewelery. She wants her hair done, her makeup done, and her fingernails and toenails painted before we leave the house each morning.

A few weeks ago my mom bought her some "panties" or training pants. The Baby is thrilled, and insisted that I put her favorite pair on over her nappy this morning. She had selected blue ones, emblazoned with a boyish Soccer Balls, Baseballs, Rugby Balls theme. Cute.

We arrive at our destination and the kid squirms out of my arms, goes running over to the workshop foreman, yanks up her skirt, points at the panties and yells "Balls!.... Balls Balls Balls!!!!"

I nearly fell over laughing.


This was a quick one, because I'm super busy this week. I'll respond to the last week's comments over the weekend, I promise.

PAIW! It's Wednesday!

6 comments:

Per Your Request said...

lol. Funny

Undercover Dragon said...

very funny. He must have been somewhat confused!

L_Oman said...

HA! A mini Suburban in the making, eh?

Wardat_il'7leej said...

HA HA
I cant wait for my 2yr old to start stunts like that....NOT!

Muscato said...

Actually, the Arabic inability to say "P" has led to endless confusion for my friend Paul. I also can't get used, as Arab friends to, to referring to "balls" of ice cream.

But this is really to let you know that you've been tagged. This means you must:

- Pick up the nearest book.
- Open to page 123.
- Locate the fifth sentence.
- Post the next three sentences on your blog and in so doing...
- Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

I remember you were tagged last fall - the first I'd heard of it, in fact - but I believe the task was different

Tim Noble said...

Kids! They are great though. My Son (12 years old) refused to go on a school trip to Washington! When my wife asked why he didn't want to go he replied 'I'm not flying that far economy!' I think I may have spoilt him! Yikes!