Thursday, June 12, 2008

Links that I highly reccomend

Some reccomendations for what you should be reading, if you are not already.

Oman is on Tier three of the Human Rights Report for 2008 I blogged HERE about it, and others Blogged about it HERE and HERE We should be ashamed, instead we are indignant. fucking typical.

There is a New Blog in Muscat, written by an American guy who is waaaaaay smarter than me. I wish I had the brains to blog like him. Or her. Start with THIS POST then read the rest.

Go and Read MMK080's Qatari Lawyer college student Blog. I love him, but in a totally platonic way. Honest...

Someone else I love, also in a totally platonic way, (except if she came to my house wearing only chicken fried steak and buttermilk biscuits with country gravy because then I couldn't help myself) is L_Oman, the brilliant woman behind Shocked Culturally

Love your Hijab? Don't see the need to dress in black in the hottest country on earth? Sick of totally impractical glittery abayas? Expat living in a Muslim country who would like to dress in an appropriate manner? Orgnaic Muslima has a great new series on Fashion for the Muslima, and for the socially aware guest. It's fantastic.

For Glamour, Fashion, humour and local observations head over to Muscato (no relation to Muscati)

For Killing time and Browsing Archives, I recomend Kay the Melbourne based Omani Student. This girl thinks for herself, doesn't take crap from anybody, and I think if she lived here we would be friends.

I hope to add these, and a few more to my blogroll soon.

4 comments:

Organic-Muslimah said...

Thanks for the link :)

MMK080 said...

I am flattered. Thanks, Sub!

U know I was thinking of writing a "links I recommend" post in my blog which will include a link to ur amazing blog, but then I checked google analytics & it seems like 80% of my blog visitors (which includes myself) actually came via your blog ... So that would just make visitors go back & forth between our blogs for eternity... Not a good idea.

L_Oman said...

Awwww, thanks for the plug, Subs. And whatdayamean exactly about the biscuits, gravy and chicken fried steaks!?! HA.

Suburban said...

Organic- You're very welcome

MMK080- I love your blog. Especially the meaty issues, which I know are harder topics to post about.

L_Oman- Cheers! I'm loving yor observations of the local color.