Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tagged!

I Have Been tagged, with the Book tag that's going around. Thanks to Muscato and Amjad for giving me the kick I needed to update this week.

Here is how the tag works:

  • Pick up the nearest book.
  • Open to page 123.
  • Locate the fifth sentence.
  • Post the next three sentences on your blog and in so doing...
  • Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

You've got to be pretty anxious about your penis to contemplate hurting a cute little sun bear. And You've got to be really concerned about your penis to eat in the My Kanh Restaurant in Can Tho. Our Waiter greets us and proudly takes us on the obligatory premeal tour of the grounds.


That was from Chapter seven of A Cook's Tour, by the fabulous Anthony Bourdain. He's in Vietnam and Marveling at how in the far east, almost every substance known to man has been thouroughly investigated for it's "Wood Raising" properties. He is about to eat at a restaurant where you pick your main course out while it's still alive. The entire book is excellent, but the Vietnam chapters really shine. Anthony is a real Chef's Chef, and I cannot reccomend his books highly enough. He's Hilarious.

I think I have seen this book tag go round long enough. Therefore I am changing it. Here is the new tag

  • Go to your refrigerator, and describe the contents in the style of a movie tag line
  • Locate the least popular condiment in and tell us what it is
  • Name the most embarrasing thing in your fridge / freezer and justify it's presence there.
  • Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

Simple? Here is My Example:

  1. She has big ideas, but a small attention span. She likes Foigras, her family demands hot dogs. You'll laugh, you'll cry, You'll never look at Duck Confit the same way again!
  2. Zeytin Ezmesi Cesnili. That's Turkish black olive paste, to you. It's for my toast at breakfast. Everyone except me hates it.
  3. I have five cases of Chicken Fried Steak in the deep freeze. I love the stuff, I just can't help myself.

OK. I tag

Southern Girl L_Oman

Witty Horse ridin Mommy Hijab is Overrated

The gorgeous and brilliant Kay

New to the Scene Muscat Blogger Muscato

and my Favorite Qatari MMK080

Have fun!

2 comments:

Muscato said...

Well, it took me a couple of days, but I've finally finished my homework, ma'am...

Kay said...

Took me a few days but I've got my post up with visuals!