Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Thanks.

Thanks a lot for the comments on the previous post, everybody. Sorry to be such an ungrateful blog host and not reply to each one individually. Really, genuinely, thank you so much commenters for your thoughts on the issue.

I was really being a baby about the whole experience, but I have sucked it up and moved on, faith in Humanity intact. What's thirty bucks anyway?

I have not been posting because I have a slamming case of writers block, and the distraction of a slamming awesome new car that I am driving every chance I get. My new car is rad, and insanely fun.

Stone, (my long suffering husband) has once again indulged me in purchasing an unusual car. This man has suffered through fifteen different cars with me, not one of which has been normal, sensable, reliable, or occasionally street legal. This man, when asked by the guys down at the workshop what the hell he was thinking, he looked at them and said "because it's what she wants".

This man, who has suffered through the last two years of unreliable junk, who has forked over vast swathes of money for repair bills, who not only comes to pick me up when I am broken down on the side of the road but also manages to want to kiss me though I am sweaty and angry and covered in grease, saw the look in my eyes when I found the car and said, "Ok sweetheart, you can have it". I am such a lucky girl. I love you, Stone, and I will thank you in a most enthusiastic fashion this weekend. Repeatedly.

And me? I am happy! The whole world looks different because it is being viewed through the dark tinted windows and air conditioned comfort of a giant, sexy, reliable hunk of detroit steel.

Want to know one other thing I really love about the car? My new car has no accessories or needless "luxuries" to break. The windows roll up using old fashioned hand cranks, the mirrors must be adjusted manually, and the rear view mirror does not dim automatically when a car behid me has the brights on. There is no computer with a compass, and no three-dee-multifunction-heads-up-display, no traction control, and no bluetooth compatible communication system.

It does have two excellent cup holders. Performance wise, I am thrilled. The acceleration is comperable to a sports car, the braking and handling is awesome. The thing stops on a dime.

I am, the happiest girl in muscat right now.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Sounds like a nice car, I wonder what is it hmmmm

Am horrible at anything related to cars/mechanics, so I won't even try guessing.

Amber said...

ok, is that a voodoo doll for your picture? What is that thing?

Congrats on a new car that drives fast...my new car is tough, but a bit slow for my taste.

L_Oman said...

If you went and got yourself a hooptie, I am jealous. Real jealous.