Friday, November 7, 2008

We're back!

I am thrashed. Really, honestly, and I know I say this every year when I get back, but I am so. freaking. tired. Work was great, and I have returned to Muscat assured that I can still play with the big boys and keep my head above water. I've still got it.

Skills and work ethic aside, the trip featured intense social interaction, moderate public nudity, A (male) leg waxing session using sticky flypaper, coconut and grass skirt wearing Blackwater contractors, and the sort of aggregate sleep deprivation that makes things seem a lot funnier than they really are.

I was delighted to return to Oman in time to see that Barack Obama was elected President of the USA!!!! Finally, after eight years of insanity, maybe things are going to change. As a Naturalized US citizen, who spent 20+ years of her life in America, and who loves America with every single bone in her body, I cried when the result came through.

On a personal level, I would also like to send a few shout outs to the various tactless assholes who, on a daily basis have harassed me, sworn at me, collared me, and said the sort of hurtfull generalizations about Americans that I cannot fathom in my wildest dreams I would say to anyone aout thier race, religion, or country.

I will swear now, you've been warned.

Firstly, to the thousands of assholes who have tole me repeatedly that America could never, ever, elect a black president. Fuck You.

To Nathan, who I met one night at Trader Vics and who's second sentence to me was "I hate Americans." Fuck You, I hate insecure cunts with no manners.

To the many, many, many guests who have come to my home, eaten my food, consumed my alcohol, and spent the entire evening making gross generalizations about America, based mostly on what you have seen on TV. Fuck You. The Jerry Springer Show is NOT representitive of the 300 million diverse citizens of the united states.

To those of you who have repeatedly told me that America does not lead the free world, and neither does thier president. Take a look at the global financial meltdown, oil prices, and the global response to Barack Obama's election. Oh yeah, and Fuck You.

And finally, to the many, many, many of you who belive that Obama won't survive his first term in office, because Americans are just too racist to allow that. I also say Fuck You. Call me in four years, and oppologise.

More from here tomorrow.

P.S>- It looks like the neighbours with the barking dogs are moving!!!!!! It's like my birthday, Christmas, and Eid all rolled into one!

7 comments:

Undercover Dragon said...

Welcome back Suburban. You were missed!

UD

Per Your Request said...

Couldnt agree with you more! I think we have been talking to the same people!
Welcome back.

Kay said...

Welcome back!

boxster said...

nice to see you back

and thanks for making the point about all the nay-sayers in a very articulate way

yes, we can :)

Bobby said...

I was doubtful about the results till the end! I am happy that Americans are open minded. It was such a relief with Obama won!

Abid said...

Welcome back.

Who says Obama won't serve the whole term? Hell, I'd say he'd get re-elected! If Bush can pull off two terms, Obama must do the same.

Undercover Dragon said...

The more I see, the more impressed I am with Obama, even more so now that he's won.

What a talent this man is.
As my fav comic, Bill Maher says: "isn't it great to see the adults in charge again?"

God Bless America.