Yes, Funemployment was brief, but enjoyable.
So I hosted a minor tweet up at my place. 4 of the smartest, classiest, sanest people I have ever met came by my house and graciously listened to me rant and rave for like, 3 hours. They even brought Pizza, and Cake. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed a chance to talk to a group of people who sort of live on the same planet as me, and to have like, the first REAL conversation I've had in six months.
I discovered a few things:
- Strange internet people are really nice.
- I like Pizza from Pizza Inn
- That apparently, many people think I am Omani. What a complement!
- I did not need to down two giant galsses of Wine in order to calm my nerves
- I did not to drink a further two glasses of wine to facilitate my ability to talk to strangers.
- That I really have some opinions on Omanisation, and that maybe I had better put into a blog post, if only to spare everyone from another hour long rant on the fobiles of the government.
- That I can fearlessly host a larger Bloggger / twitter gathering, and not have a nervous breakdown at the prospect of facing so many scary unknown people.
In Summary: it was all good! Hi5!