Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Kids are weird

We are on the roof of the Al Falaj Hotel, looking out over the city with the kid. After a moment of silence, the kid looks up at us and says:

"when I was a little girl, a long time ago, there were not many cars here. Things were different before."  She gestures to the Sheraton, where the old landing strip was 40 years ago "over there the planes were landing and coming from the sky. I was Salima, when I was a little girl." 


Stone and I were speechless. Do your kids ever say anything really freaky?

9 comments:

shweman said...

Ok, I got goosebumps. Freaky an understatement.

Sythe said...

WOW that really is pretty strange - any idea where she heard that?!

jnana said...

Wow lol! They say pretty unexpected observations sometimes! You never know what kind of analysis is going on inside them...

The Restless Quill said...

I believe in reincarnation. Call it my faith in Hinduism but I do. And this could so easily be something from her past life. Kids are good at stuff like that. It goes out of them as they grow older.
This gave me goosebumps and threw me for a loop.

pucca said...

I don't believe in recarnation but I do believe in Ghosts (Jin) so I think your child was possessed at that moment.

Standy said...

that is wired!!

are you sure the little girl was a little girl and not anything else?!!!

Suburban said...

It was seriously Bizarre, whatever it was.

Stone and I figure she was just babbling, and that's what came out. The kid could talk the ears off a statue.

kelly said...

She had the correct information, so why doubt her?

I believe it was a flash back from one of her previous lives. Children often do that between the ages of 2 to 5 years old.

Mystique said...

past life recollections. For sure.